- SPDX One Page Overview of the Specification – SPDX Workgroup
- SPDX Tutorial – A short but concise tutorial on SPDX written by a contributor David Wheeler
- Using SPDX License List “short identifiers” in source files – by Kate Stewart, Technical Team Co-Chair
- Generating a Notice File from an SPDX Document, SPDX-TR-2017-1, SPDX Technical Team
Tutorials on SPDX
These are various presentations by members of the SPDX Community given at different forums.
- “An Unexpected Journey – Implementing License Matching using the SPDX License List” – Collab 2016, by Kris Reeves and Gary O’Neall (SPDX Tool Maintainer)
- “Debunking the Myths and Misunderstandings”, FOSSDEM talk 2015, by Jilayne Lovejoy (SPDX Legal team Co-Chair)
- “Describing License Information with SPDX – It’s easier than you think”, LinuxCon 2015, Gary O’Neal (SPDX Tool Maintainer)
The objective of the SPDX Report program is to create a repository of articles to capture and share community knowledge about anything and everything SPDX. For example, this knowledge base covers a diverse collection of topics including (but not limited to): technical issues, best practices, relevant legal topics, tool proposals, adoption strategies and analysis, license compliance considerations, position papers and so forth. Periodically one of the SPDX working groups may select an article for publication on the SPDX website (spdx.org).
- Lovejoy, Jilayne; Odence, Phil; Lamons, Scott (2013) ‘Advancing the Software Package Data Exchange: An update on SPDX’, International Free and Open Source Software Law Review, 5(2), pp 145 – 152 DOI: 10.5033/ifosslr.v5i2.89. Excerpt is here.