Participation in the Legal Team is open to anyone and we encourage you to join us.
First, please join the mailing list. The mail list is used by members of the team to stay in touch in regards to meeting agendas, discuss ideas, and generally stay informed about topics of interest relevant to the SPDX License List and other SPDX license-related matters.
After joining the mailing list feel free to introduce yourself on the list and if you are able, join us on our recurring calls. We are not a formal group and welcome participation at any level.
Where we Work
- A great deal of the work is done by the Legal team using their Git repos on the GitHub SPDX repository. Work specific to the SPDX License List itself is done in https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML.
- The team meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays each month for a call and at times jointly with the Technical team. The details for the recurring calls are shown below.
- Current meeting minutes are now kept in this SPDX repo on GitHub. Older meeting minutes are on our wiki here: http://wiki.spdx.org/
Legal Team Leads
- Jilayne Lovejoy, Legal Team Co-lead
- Steve Winslow, Legal Team Co-lead
- Paul Madick, Legal Team Co-lead
These are the 2023 .ics calendar invites for the 2nd Thursdays and 4th Thursdays recurring Legal Team meetings.
Jitsi is currently used for all calls.