SPDX’s Governance model and documentation is set forth in the SPDX governance repository at https://github.com/spdx/governance.
Organizations may become members of the SPDX Project pursuant to a Membership Agreement. We will update this page to make the Membership Agreement available shortly.
Formal membership is NOT required for anyone to participate in the development of the SPDX specification, license list, or tools or to participate in other SPDX activities. See the SPDX governance repository for more information.
A historical archive of the prior SPDX governance model is available here.
The SPDX Steering Committee is comprised of the Chair, all Team Leads, and 1-2 Member Representatives. Steering Committee members are listed below along with their term end date. For more on how the SPDX Steering Committee operates, see SPDX Project Governance Policy
- Kate Stewart, Team Lead, Tech Team (May 2024)
- Gary O’Neal, Team Lead, Tech Team (May 2025)
- William Bartholomew, Team Lead, Tech Team (June 2024)
- Jilayne Lovejoy, Team Lead, Legal Team (May 2024)
- Steve Winslow, Team Lead, Legal Team (May 2024)
- Alexios Zavras, Team Lead, Outreach Team (June 2024)
- Bob Martin, Team Lead, Outreach Team (May 2025)
- Phil Odence, Member Representative (May 2024)
- Rose Judge, Member Representative (May 2024)