On Jan. 29, we will be moving the primary repository for the SPDX tools and License List from git.spdx.org over to github.com/spdx. this change will allow us to take better advantage of many github collaboration tools and will reduce the effort in maintaining the SPDX tools.
This will not have any impact on how the binaries are downloaded (they are already hosted on github.com/spdx).
For some time, we have been mirroring the repositories from git.spdx.org over to github.com/spdx. If you are already using github.com/spdx for read-only access the license list or tools source code, there will be no change. If you are accessing git.spdx.org, you should switch your repository access to github.com/spdx prior to January 29th. If you are a committer of code to one of the repositories on git.spdx.org, please email email@example.com with your github username and he will make sure you are setup for the transition.
Here are the fine detials:
If you are accessing git.spdx.org for read access to the repository:
- github.com/spdx is already mirroring the git.spdx.org repositories, so you can switch over to github.com/spdx now. It is recommended that you make the switch prior to the 29th.
- The repository names are the same and everyone should have read access.
- After January 29th, http access to git.spdx.org will redirect to github.com/spdx
- After January 29th, non-http access to git.spdx.org will no longer work (e.g. ssh)
If you are a committer to one of the git.spdx.org repositories:
- You should have already received an invitation to be a committer to the github.com/spdx – if not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to January 29th, we will continue to commit to git.spdx.org
- After January 29th, all commits will be made to github.com/spdx
- Please avoid any commits on the day of January 29